If you’re having problems with your current air conditioning system, you may be wondering how to know when it’s time to have the unit replaced. Below are some tips to know whether it’s time for an AC replacement.
Tips on whether it’s time to replace your AC system:
- The most prevalent way to tell if your AC needs a replacement is if it is no longer blowing cold air, or if it is barely blowing out any air at all. This may be due to clogs in various parts of the AC unit.
- The next way to tell if you need a replacement is by keeping an eye on your energy bill. If your energy bill seems unusually high, it may be due to your AC unit working too hard to produce cold air.
- If there seems to be a buildup of moisture or even leaks around your AC unit, there is sure to be an issue. This can cause an eventual buildup of mold, which ultimately poses a health risk to you and your family.
- A buildup of moisture and mold will most likely lead to a sour or foul smell. If you don’t notice the moisture or mold, the bad smell will most likely catch your attention first.
- Furthermore, if you notice oddly loud or grinding sounds coming from your AC, that may be a sign of aging and that it is time to upgrade.
- If you happen to notice that your AC is turning on and off frequently, this may be a sign that you need a tune-up or even a replacement.
- If you see that your thermostat on the AC unit is not working or reflecting the right temperature, there is an issue that needs to be resolved right away.
- If you’ve had your AC for ten or more years, it’s time for a replacement.
If you’re experiencing any of these issues, give us a call today: (714) 237-9281!